The UAE Innovation Week 2015 began on Sunday 22nd and it will run until Saturday 28th hosting 900 activities and initiatives across the country in the fields of education, healthcare, judicial services and human resources by CEOs of innovation in the government sector.
The UAE government has gone through phases of development that started with establishing quality and excellence criteria and performance evaluation. According to Shaikh Mohammad if the government succeeds in providing the best innovation environment for its staff then it can provide a better future for citizens launching a new fund that worth Dh2 billion ($544.37 million) to finance innovation.
The ‘Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Fund to Finance Innovation’ is designed to provide financing solutions for innovators across various sectors within the UAE, and support them in transforming ideas and suggestions into innovation projects which will contribute to the country’s national innovation strategy and to achieving the UAE Vision 2021.
“The UAE announced its Science, Technology &Innovation Policy: over 100 initiatives with a Dhs300 billion investment to boost non-oil economy”
tweeted His Highness.
UAE Innovation week: a quick glance at some projects
- The project aims to use solar energy and cars’ and motorcycles’ kinetic energy in generating electricity.
The importance of this project, which has been developed in cooperation with the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority, lies in its contribution to creating a sustainable environment. It is a self-financed project that cuts the cost of energy production and helps reduce the ecological footprint.
- The ‘Factory of UAE Pioneers’ project — a human resources system based on artificial intelligence and smart technology. It aims to help youth identify their strengths, choose their career, and set their personal plans without human intervention. The project was developed by innovation experts in collaboration with the Ministry of Culture, Youth and Community Development.
- The ‘Minds’ project, inspired by the vision of Shaikh Mohammad and developed in collaboration with the Ministry of Labour and in partnership with the National Qualifications Authority, aims to attract world-class experts and talented people to the UAE to build a solid base for the development of entrepreneurship and a knowledge-based economy. The fields of space, renewable energy, healthcare, transportation, education, technology and water resources.
- The ‘Smart Litigation’ project was developed by innovation experts in cooperation with the Ministry of Justice to enable the two parties of litigation to be judged through e-live trial. It aims to achieve easy accessible innovative justice offered in a smart way that saves time and effort.
- The ‘Smart Teacher’ project is a smart platform that offers interactive solutions for pupils to enhance their chances of education and seek assistance from virtual teachers. It was developed in collaboration with the Hamdan Bin Mohammad Smart University and the Ministry of Education.
- the ‘Genetic Fingerprint’ project aims to create nationwide information that would help bring about a positive impact on the national agenda indexes and the UAE Vision helping in diagnosing and preventing diseases just with a simple DNA mapping.
The project, developed in collaboration with Novartis International, and in partnership with Khalifa University, Dubai Science Park, Microsoft and Illumina, will support the healthcare sector in the UAE with medical research and strategic planning in these areas.